Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tickled

Last weekend I had a sudden flurry of orders for my Scallop Edge Beaded Necklace Pattern. Three in a row, all for women in the west and northwest suburbs. After the third order, I had to know what was going on. I e-mailed her, thinking maybe there was a class going on. She told me that a LYS in Glen Ellyn was doing a KAL, the second so far with this pattern.

I drove out there last night, Thursday being late night sit-and-knit, and me being kinda desperate for a place to do just that. And of course I had to see these people who were promoting my pattern so heartily. I found out from some of the other knitters that the place had been SRO on Sunday. They told me people had been knitting while sitting on the floor and there was a line out the door.

Well between that and the 425 completed necklaces on Ravelry to date, I am astounded. I feel like mini-EZ. I never was "popular," but my silly little pattern seems to be. Naches fun Moyekhkinder.

String Theory Yarn Company hosts a KAL/open knitting every Sunday. I hope to go back there soon.

No comments: