Friday, April 13, 2007

egoboo

Egoboo is a term I learned in the science fiction community. I got some this evening. It started with a great lecture about mittens from Rovaniemi presented by Susanna Hansson. I give my horn the first toot because I was able to deduce the technique, mostly from the finished samples. The final piece of the puzzle fell into place when I saw the work in progress. And that is all I shall say. Take Susanna's class.

My second toot is for the lovely outcome of the long-awaited face to face informal conference between Susanna and myself. It seems likely that I will have the honor of drawing the illustrations for some of her class materials. Pleasant common ground was tread, with the promise of more to come. A new kindred spirit in my life. Glee. Hope. Excitement. Anticipation. I wish we'd had about six more hours to chat, but we had to go do our homework .

No comments: